Wednesday 4 January 2017

Healthy Brownies Put To The Test








I was finally able to make the healthier choice brownie.  The main ingredient is black beans and there is no flour.  At New Year's Day I served them to family.  Here is the feedback:

Debbie and Elise - grateful and loved them.  They both are gluten free so they loved this recipe.
Claude and Peter - really loved them and health conscious.
Isabella - liked them better than my previous brownies when she heard they were healthy.
Jonah - loved them (I was not allowed to tell him they were made from black beans because he would not have loved them then).
Auntie Patti and Mama - really liked them!
Violet - really liked it!
Papa - really, really loved them.

I believe these brownies may have been more filling than the brownies I made in the summer, probably because of the density of the black beans.  These brownies were the size of a small muffin.  I could have also made them in a mini-muffin tin and maybe I could try that next time.


2 comments:

  1. Vaughn, I'm so glad you decided to try out a healthier version! Black Bean brownies are an amazing substitute for the original empty calorie dessert.

    The fact they are gluten-free/dairy-free makes it a great one dessert fits all for when you have larger groups of people over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked making them. I've started baking more in the kitchen and I'm able to follow a recipe by myself now. The only thing I really need help with is the oven. It makes me nervous.

    ReplyDelete