Wednesday 4 January 2017

Burritos and Portions


I have continued to make burritos for my family on a regular basis. 

My mom likes lots of vegetables on her burritos so I am happy to help her cut them.  I have tried a bit of salsa on mine.

Something new that I have tried are different types of soft tacos.  I have tried sundried tomato and wholewheat.  I still like the white ones, but the sundried tomato ones were pretty good.




I believe our plates are representing this one (shown here) but all wrapped up inside the wrap! The only thing missing is the fruit. 
I think it would be fair to say I could safely have 2 full burritos at this meal and be fulfilling a dinner portion of required servings.  This takes into account that I would be also eating breakfast and lunch.
As you can see here, the recommended servings for teenage boys are:  8 Fruit/Veg, 7 Grains, 3-4 Milk+, 3 Meats. 

2 comments:

  1. Vaughn,

    This is a wonderful blog post that demonstrates the process of you "building" your burrito with consideration of nutritional value. The ingredients and portions that you chose are of course much healthier than the fastfood namesake. Burritos (or wraps) are a great option for young people on the go or if you are cooking for one.

    ReplyDelete