Monday 15 August 2016

Making Brownies with Mama

Making Brownies With Mama








I made packaged brownies with my grandma.  I've included the nutrition facts.  I have noted that the sugar and carbohydrates are high in this brownie.  Eleven people tried this brownie so the portion sizes were reasonable, not too big.  I'm a believer that everything is okay IN MODERATION. 

Very soon, I will be making a healthier brownie recipe that involves black beans.  I plan to do a taste test with people to see if they would love it.  That blog entry is to come....

2 comments:

  1. Vaughn, I'm excited to see you try making a healthier brownie. Maybe the healthiest option would be to try making if from scratch - its not that much more difficult.. Maybe you can find an easy recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David, Here is the recipe that I will try from scratch (with help from my mom).

    1 can black beans
    1/2 c cocoa powder
    3/4 c sugar
    4 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 tbsp oil
    1 tsp baking soda
    This will all go in a blender and then cooked in a muffin tin.

    I already know this will be better than the packaged brownie because there is no flour and there is less sugar. The black beans will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete