Monday 5 September 2016

Grocery Shopping and Burritos!

I went shopping at Walmart to purchase items for making burritos.  We started with a list.  My grandma helped with some price comparisons and we bought all the items.


An important part of food prep is washing your hands. 


This is the first time I have used the stove.  I was frying ground beef for the burritos.






Beef and cheese burritos.  I served them to my grandma and grandpa.  They liked them.


The great thing about burritos is that they cover all 4 groups of the Canada Food Guide.
Meat = beef
Vegetables = salsa, tomatoe
Grains = tortilla
Milk = cheese

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vaughn, thank-you for providing such a great record of the process - from shopping for ingredients, to prepping the food - enjoying it with family and analyzing the nutrition.

    If you could estimate how many servings of each group are in a burrito meal (maybe you ate 2 for dinner or more!) - A serving is roughly the amount of food that you could sit on the palm of your hand :)

    I'd like to see a little more of this servings estimations in your next recipes. Notice that as a male teenager the expectation is to have the most number of servings per day as fruits or vegetables - I know you don't enjoy many of these but can you try to find a recipe that you like that has a higher proportion of servings that are fruits or vegetables.

    Fall is a good time to try making soup!

    ReplyDelete